Reasons to use Credit Card Processing Services
For your business to compete in today’s markets, you have to be able to accept all forms of payment, especially credit card payments. Credit card processing services are designed to help your business increase sales by accepting payment in any form from anywhere at any time. A top level credit card processing services can,
- Accept all forms of payment. Your business will be able to accept and verify payment from all electronic sources including major credit cards, debit cards, electronic checks and traditional checks.
- Accept payment from anywhere. You will not be hampered by geography. The better credit card processing services can allow you to accept payment from anywhere. That includes just about any transaction done online, at a retail site, or any location where you can log onto the internet or make a phone call.
- Accept payment anytime. Credit card processing services never close. Transactions can be made anytime. Web sites can accept payment night and day. Businesses can be “open” all the time by employing proven 24 center services from an experienced provider like A Courteous Communications to take orders using your ability to process credit cards.
- Be protected against fraud. Security technology allows you offer your customers peace of mind, even in online transactions.
Choosing from Among All the Credit Card Processing Services
- With all the credit card processing companies available how do you know which one to go with? What are the differences? Fortunately, the internet has made the research a lot easier.
- Check into the reliability and trust of companies you are considering. If you are at all internet savvy, you will know how to find out how satisfied or dissatisfied people are with the services.
- Check into the start up costs. These fees will range from no start up fee up to $250. You will need to weigh this against the monthly fees and other costs.
- Check into other fees. There can be a number of monthly fees. Sometimes these are rolled together and referred to as processing service charges. There can be what is called a gateway fee ranging from ten to fifty dollars per month depending on the provider. Sometimes there is a statement fee for about ten dollars per month. Then there are transaction fees which will usually fall between twenty five and thirty five cents per transaction. On top of that, you will be paying a percentage of each transaction averaging 2.25%. Many providers have minimums and will charge you a minimum no matter how few transactions you have.
- Check into the features of the payment gateway and determine what you need.
- Merchant Account.
- Virtual Terminal
- E-check services.
- Card swiper with or without printer.
- Number of days for transactions to clear.
- Recurring billing.
- Online shopping cart.
- Check into security features you might need.
- Protection against fraud .
- Address verification (there could be additional charges for this feature).
- Real time processing.
- Check into what cards are accepted. The most commonly accepted card are Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Investigate the quality of the help and support the credit card processing services. Make sure the company is easily reached by fax, email and phone. The better companies will be accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you are outsourcing order taking to a reputable, experienced company like A Courteous Communications, you can simply supply your merchant account and ID for authorization and they can verify and take credit card orders and have funds directed to your bank.